UK architects join city experts panel
Two UK firms have joined a board advising on the redevelopment of Romania’s second-largest city.
Midlands architects CPMG and Lathams took part in week-long advisory visit organised by the British Embassy in Bucharest to kick-start the 20-year, EU-funded regeneration of Timisoara.
The city was the first in Europe to install electric street lights (in 1884), but is now in extreme disrepair.
The relationship was brokered by the British Ambassador to Romania, Robin Barnett, after he had visited Nottingham to see how the city had tackled regeneration in the 1970s and 1980s.