John McAslan and Farshid Moussavi shortlisted for Moscow museum
Mecanoo and 3XN also through to round two
John McAslan & Partners, Farshid Moussavi and Mecanoo have been shortlisted for a competition to design a museum and educational centre in Moscow.
Massimiliano Fuksas and 3XN also got through to the second stage of the Moscow Polytechnic Museum competition. Each is teamed with a Russian practice.
Moscow Polytechnic Museum is one of the largest in the world and one of the oldest technical museums in Russia.
The Polytechnic Museum Development Foundation wants to create a modern 35,000sq m museum and educational centre for demonstrating scientific and technological discoveries using multimedia technologies.
The new museum will be built on a 1ha plot at the Lomonosov Moscow State University.
The shortlisted teams, who each receive €30,000, will now be invited to visit the museum and asked to produce an architectural concept design.
The winner will be announced in late March.
The shortlist in full:
- Project Meganom (Russia) and John McAslan & Partners
- Mecanoo (Netherlands) and TPO Rezerve (Russia)
- Farshid Moussavi and Architectural bureau Rozhdestvenka (Russia)
- Massimiliano Fuksas (Italy) and Speech (Russia)
- 3XN (Denmark) and Asadov Architectural Studio (Russia)
- Leeser Architecture (USA) and ABD Architects (Russia)
- Coop Himmelb(l)au (Austria) and Architecture bureau Atrium (Russia)