All UK articles – Page 951
-
NewsAdjaye pavilion lights the way
David Adjaye has designed a dramatic pavilion made out of American tulipwood on London’s South Bank to mark the London Design Festival, which opens this week.
-
NewsHodder wants answers on visitor centre
Stirling Prize winner demands feedback from Hadrian’s Wall jury
-
NewsArchitects becoming ‘isolated’ (audio)
You must do more commercially and politically, says Callcutt
-
NewsODA backs Arup bridges in face of criticism
Olympic Delivery Authority planning officers have recommended that three bridges designed by engineer Arup be granted planning permission, defying strong criticism from Cabe and Newham Borough Council over their design quality.
-
NewsLloyds TSB backs the journey for Kings Dock Mill
Liverpool’s Kings Dock Mill development (pictured), designed by architect LAG Prichard, goes on site this month after securing £22.5 million of funding from Lloyds TSB Corporate Markets.
-
News
Scottish timber gets a boost
A two-home pilot project designed by John Gilbert Architects has started on site in Cairngorms National Park.
-
NewsWilkinson Eyre and FOA compete for Exeter campus
Wilkinson Eyre and Foreign Office Architects are battling it out in the final stage of a competition to design a £40 million “statement building” for Exeter University’s main campus.
-
News
Sustainable Chinese takeaway
An office designed by Martha Schwartz made from reused shipping containers from China has opened in Leeds as part of the £450 million Wellington Place development.
-
NewsIndustry taskforce to develop green code
RIBA president Sunand Prasad and Alistair Guthrie, director of Ove Arup, have joined a taskforce of construction industry leaders to develop a new Code for Sustainable Buildings.
-
News
Mobile pavilion competition
RIBA Yorkshire, in partnership with the RIBA competitions office and regional development agency, Yorkshire Forward, has launched a national competition to design a new £650,000 mobile pavilion.
-
NewsOpposition condemns Design for London cuts
Mayor told to rethink design staff layoffs to protect future of architecture
-
NewsCunliffe steps in to take the lead
Barry Cunliffe (pictured) has been appointed as the interim chair of English Heritage following the death of Sandy Bruce-Lockhart in August this year.
-
News
Deadline extended for Zumtobel
Zumtobel has extended the deadline for its 2008 photographic competition to October 24 owing to unprecedented demand and problems with cameras previously issued.
-
News
Less red tape for home extensions
The Department for Communities & Local Government introduced new planning regulations last week intended to cut red tape for home improvements.
-
News
Kinetic sheds light on upgrade
Kinetic AIU is to redevelop RIBA West Midlands regional offices and bookshop in Birmingham.
-
NewsNew look in Princes Street planned
A mixed-use scheme on Edinburgh’s famous Princes Street by SMC Hugh Martin has been submitted for planning.
-
News
New minimum design threshold for BSF
Minister for schools Jim Knight today hailed the new minimum design threshold for the £45 billion Building Schools for the Future programme and revealed teachers are to sit on Cabe’s dedicated design review panel.
-
NewsForeign Office's design for Birmingham New Street unveiled (images)
The first images of Foreign Office Architects’ competition-winning designs for Birmingham’s New Street Station have been unveiled.
-
News
RIBA calls for simplification of planning rules
The RIBA has called for simpler planning rules for smaller developments and for more to be done to encourage the establishment of local design review panels.
-
News
Cabe scheme would boost quality of Thames Gateway homes
Cabe has launched a new initiative to strengthen the design standards for the Thames Gateway Delivery plan.






