Transiting Cities Design Ideas Competition
How can you rethink, regenerate, rebrand, rework, reactivate cities dominated by singular economies for a vibrant and innovative future?
Designing Possible Futures for growth and adaptation of rehabilitated mines, associated infrastructures and the townships that are dependent on their futures.
Integrated social, economic, environmental and infrastructural design outcomes.
Produce intelligent innovative short and long-term transition strategies for an adaptive and vibrant regional centre.
- Re-Think - Latrobe as a network city, Low Carbon Futures, An Integrated Vision!
- Re-Generate - The Regional Landscape, the Local Economy, Through Community Building!
- Re-Brand - New, Innovative and Alternative Cities of the Near Future, Strengthen Identity!
- Re-Work - Rehabilitated Mines, Redundant Infrastructures, Multiple Cultural Hubs of a Local Productions!
- Re-Activate - Celebrate the Past , Intensify Town Centres!
Transiting Cities is an international design ideas competition and it is open to everyone. Participating teams can have one or more members. Projects can be real or speculative proposals. Proposals need not be generated exclusively for this competition but reworked to demonstrate how they can be applied to the site of the competition.
Download Competition Booklet
Architects, landscape architects, urban designers, planners, engineers, scientists, entrepreneurs, economists, artists and students