Dublin City University entrance competition
The RIAI is administering an open, one-stage competition for Dublin City University.
DCU are currently seeking to reinvigorate the appearance and functionality of the campus and bring their vision and brand expression of Ireland’s University of Enterprise to life across the campus. The provision of the new entrance is a key component in this plan but it can also include buildings, paintings, sculpture, signage etc.
Entrants should give consideration to the immediate surroundings of the entrance including road configuration, surrounding buildings, pedestrian routes, landscaping, planting, surface treatments, lighting, signage, universal access, sustainability and traffic management.
- Clearly identify itself as the main entrance to DCU from both directions on Collins Avenue and from directly in front.
- Provide strong branding for DCU
- Provide a sense of arrival at DCU as a destination
- Provide a sense of DCU identity for staff, students and visitors
- Contain sufficiently strong elements to be memorable as a feature on the streetscape.
- Reflect element(s) of the values, principles or functions of the university
- Stand as a timeless, durable and iconic marker of the presence of DCU
For more information on routes to registration please see here: www.riai.ie/admissions/architects/
Architects (on Irish Register of Architects, or EU Qualifications Directive 2005/36/EC qualified; EU Member State established but able to provide services in Ireland; or persons outside the EU/EEA registered with a national registration body).