Boris Johnson appoints Terry Farrell, Bob Allies and Peter Murray as design advisers
Capital’s leading architects will advise on major developments
Boris Johnson has appointed a number of leading architects to advise him on major developments in London.
Terry Farrell, Eric Parry, Sunand Prasad, Bob Allies, Fiona Scott, Stephen Witherford and Roger Hawkins are all on the relaunched Mayor’s Design Advisory Group.
Peter Murray, Pam Alexander, a non-executive director of Design Council Cabe, and Fred Manson, a former director of regeneration at Southwark and an associate director at Heatherwick Studio, are also on the panel.
The mayor said the aim of the panel was to promote the highest quality of architecture and urban design in high-profile regeneration projects.
It will play a “significant role” in shaping future developments which fall under the mayor’s responsibility through his regeneration, planning, housing and land powers.
The Mayor’s Design Advisory Group will be chaired by Fiona Fletcher-Smith, the mayor’s executive director of development and enterprise. It will meet up to four times each year, with the mayor chairing at least one meeting.
Johnson said: “London is an ever-changing city. With the enormous potential of regeneration being unlocked across the capital, we must promote architecture and design of the highest possible standard.”
The Mayor’s Design Advisory Group:
· Joyce Bridges, Former Cabe Commissioner, Former English Heritage Commissioner and Chair of EH’s LAC. Member of EH’s Urban Panel. Design Council CABE Built Environment Expert panel.
· Sir Terry Farrell, Architect, Farrells
· Eric Parry, Architect, Eric Parry Architects
· Sunand Prasad, Architect, Penoyre & Prasad LLP
· Patricia Brown, Director of Central
· Fred Manson - Former Director of Regeneration Southwark. Associate Director Heatherwick Studio; Chair UDL Design Surgery
· Peter Murray - Chairman, New London Architecture
· Colin Haylock - President of Board of Trustees, RTPI
· Fiona Scott - Director Gort Scott
· Stephen Witherford - Member Tate Modern Council; CABE; RIBA Advisor; Visiting Fellow LSE Cities
· David Levitt - Design champion Catalyst Housing Group; Board, Design for Homes; CABE Enabler
· June Barnes - Group Chief Executive, East Thames Housing Group; Board Member National Housing Fed.
· Richard Powell - Director of Planning and Development, Capital and Counties.
· Pam Alexander - Pam Alexander - Trustee of the Design Council, non-exec Director of DC Cabe and a Built Environment Expert for Cabe, non-exec Director of Crest Nicholson and a Director of the Academy of Urbanism.
· Roger Hawkins – Partner Hawkins\Brown.
· Bob Allies - Partner Allies and Morrison; a member of the CABE National Design Review Panel and a member of the RIBA Awards Group