Make A Stand: Design a bicycle stand for the Groucho Club
As part of the London Festival of Architecture 2012, The Aerogenerator Project, in association with Grimshaw and The Groucho Club have launched an open competition to design a bicycle stand.
‘Make A Stand’ is running alongside Grimshaw’s cycling-themed LFA event ‘The Wheels of Chance’. The competition is calling for entries to develop an exemplary object of industrial design to provide secure parking for at least five bikes.
The Groucho Club, 45 Dean St, London, W1D 4QB.
- Design a storage facility to securely park at least five bikes within a budget of £1500.
- The bike-storage envelope is 3m x 1.2m high x 1m deep.
- The design must be wall-mounted.
To download a full copy of the brief please click here: http://scr.bi/KyqixL
- Bed and breakfast and dinner for two at the Groucho Club
- The winning design will be built (providing it is feasible and approved within statutory planning regulations).
- Selected entries will be exhibited at Grimshaw’s London office in Clerkenwell as part of the London Festival of Architecture.
The judging panel:
- Sir Nicholas Grimshaw (Chair)
- Clare Brass, Designer, Team Leader, Sustain RCA
- Jon Snow, Channel 4 Newscaster
- Emma Willis, Fashion Designer and Entrepreneur
- Tim Wilson, Head Chef, The Groucho Club
Architects and designers